BluegrassFamily

Generator Remote Switch

The dash area generator switch has gone bad on my 2013 Forest River Georgetown. . .just after the warranty expired. Any ideas of where to get a new one. It looks different than the Onan switch that is available. It matches the rest of the switches in the dash.

Thanks

Bluegrass,

Welcome to FMCA !

The Switch failure is rare, can you start your generator at the generator?

Could you post if your coach has a Gas or Diesel Onan.

There is a Diesel switch listed at this link. Yours maybe different.

You might be able to contact coach manufacture regarding a new switch.

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/power/cummins-onan-remote-start.html?gclid=CPinqcKl4bgCFZSY4AodmTYAJw

Rich.

Thanks for your reply. It is actually the indicator light that is IN the switch that has gone bad. It is very hard to start it with no indicator light to signal that it is started. It is an Onan gasoline unit and the generator is in the rear and I can't hear when it starts. Might be something I just have to put up with since it will actually start.

I tried the manufacture, but not much help since it was out of warranty.

Thanks for your help.

Scott (Bluegrass Family)

Scott, the switch is most likely made by Carling.

Check out this link.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Carling-Technologies/V6D2GHNB-AAC00-000/?qs=TJJUft5dbNfH1tQj0XylcA%3D%3D&gclid=CLa11ZDP4bgCFY2e4AodFmAA7A

Look at the bottom section, other people also bought these. You will see the stile that closely matches yours, but not one picturing the generator symbol.

Should you find out that the switch is a Carling, then look at the information on how to remove the top portion and attach it the a new bottom or the actual switch portion of the unit.

The bulbs burn out and its been awhile since I have used them to build items, but you might be able to just buy the lamp for it.

Rich