Sign in to follow this  
bizsmith@yahoo.com

Finding a Neutral

I keep thinking it was done to test ones patience, perseverance and flexibility.

Also, to find out how often one wants to visit the Chiropractor !!!

Building a compact and functional house that rolls down the road, with as much usable square footage as possible; Leaves very little space for wires and plumbing.

You mentioned solid neutral wire, like the one(s) used to bond items and power panels to the ground or bonding point ?

From a cost point, they tend to run them from the battery bay, inverter and transfer switch using the shortest path. Often running them behind draws and panels to the main fuse panels for the coach.

For the chassis, stranded cables and along the frame rails.

Rich.

I have had items and pieces of the dash removed to find the ground buses. Like looking for a needle in the rug and the rug was folded 5 times and stuffed into the area, with the connection / terminal under everything else, anchored to the firewall.

I did find an LED flash light with a goose neck, that lets me get light into the confined area. Really helps to see things, because the head can be inserted into tight spots while the battery body is 18in. away and the neck is stiff enough to be bent or twisted in a way to keep the light concentrated in a small area, while one works with both hands; if one can get 2 hands in the space.

That light and the one mounted on a headband has helped me a number of times.

I found my goose neck light at a electrical supply house. I have not seen them at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Hope the information helps just a little.

Rich.