Sign in to follow this  
josephcecchini

Save Anaheim RV Village

I have been an FMCA member since 2002 when I bought my mortorhome, and have traveled our great country for many years. My traveling days are now coming to and end.

I am full-timing at Anaheim RV Village in Anaheim, Calif., within walking distance to Disneyland. We were notified that Disney has bought the park and plans to change it to Employee Parking only.

Anaheim RV Village is a beautiful RV park. Families from all over the United States and Canada come here for Disney. Perhaps FMCA members can start a letter-writing campaign to the City of Anaheim and the Mayor. With all of our members' input, city officials might think twice about closing the RV park.

For the owner, its always an offer they can't resist. For we RVers it's one less park in the area, and rates will be higher -- if you can even find a space.

Sincerely,

Joseph Cecchini

Sounds like a place worth saving, but I doubt that there is anything the city council can do. If Disney now owns it, I would think they would be within their rights to use the park for their employees only if that is what they want to do with it. And it is apparently already zoned as an RV park so they wouldn't be violating any zoning issues. However, doesn't hurt to try. Good luck with your campaign.

At least in 2004, there were more "hoops to jump through" to close a mobile home park than to close an RV park. We were in a leased RV park in Florida and we lost our lease. The owner of the land gave us notice to vacate the park when our lease was over. Our board of directors tried, but couldn't find a way to reinstate the lease or keep the park open. Different State; different laws.

You might check local and state laws concerning closing a park.

Sam

Interesting example Sam. When it comes to closing a business, I just can't see how the gov't can tell you that you cannot close your business. The exception might be some kind of business that is in critical need. I mean, it you owned an RV park and you decided you wanted to retire and no one would buy the park, why shouldn't you be allowed to sell the property to someone who wanted to do something else with it. In the example above, Disney is still running the RV park, but only for their own employees. I should say that I have no legal background at all. I am just trying to think through this situation and use my best common sense. If the owner of a business wants to close his business and retire or do sometime else, what right does the gov't have to say he must keep running the business against his will just because a lot of people want him to keep it going. On the other hand, enough signatures on a petition might convince the current owner to sell it to someone who wants to keep running it the way it is. Of course, it may be too late for that if Disney has already purchased the park.