DoggyDaddy

Defensive Driving

This

has a message I hope travels around the world faster than a lie. Do you think this PSA would be effective on US television? Do you think everyone will get the message? Pun intended :rolleyes:

Defensive driving is a necessity and can not be done with distractions. CA is one state that requires "hands free" cell phones while driving. :)

Guest Wayne77590

Joe,

Remember when you were young? Nothing could kill you. You had no fear. Besides, parents of teens now-a-days would be furious that you are infringing on their private lives and "rights." It is a tragedy.

That video 'should' be shown on every network television station several times a day as, "This could happen to you."

I remember in the military before every major 3 day holiday weekend we would have to sit and listen to safety lectures and watch videos. I remember that the Ohio State Police had some of the best videos out at the time. After watching them, when we left work that day, we drove extremely careful, but after the video "wore off" we were back to "our" old driving habits. Well, at least it worked for a little while and I made it back after each 3 day weekend.

Thanks for sharing that link. I have forwarded it on to some that I suspect text while driving.

Wayne, I still recall seeing "Blood on the Highway" in High school drivers training class and those memorable VD films when deployed overseas. Never a STD or DUI, but now soon everyone, except politicians, will have the same medical care. Now that is scary :rolleyes:

If you text while driving anything but a lawn mower YOU ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID...... I do not talk on the cell phone while driving unless it is clipped to the visor and it is on speaker phone. I do not ''hold the phone'' and most of the time I make Willa take all calls and if the party needs to speak to me I usually stop and call them back. In my travels I have seen people in cars, talking on the cell phone, messing with a computer in the seat, shaving with an electric razor, reading the news paper and texting and doing all of this at the same time at 70 mph. I figure if they are dumb enough to do this while driving I have no pity for them when they have to pick them off the bridge abutment with tweezers. The real shame is the innocent folks they take out with them. Another thing,,,,,, I DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE .. I will drink one and only one beer and drive after eating but that is my absolute limit. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is not that I am against alcohol but I am dead set against the possibility of hurting someone else because of my stupidity. Personally I think if you got caught D U I . you should lose your license and your left thumb. This would prevent a lot of repeat offenders I bet.

GOD BLESS OUR VETS

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SAFE ....

Seajay the sailor man ...

Guest Wayne77590

I'd like to add that talking on a cell phone, hand free or not, is dangerous.

Example: I had a 93 Mark VII which had a built in phone system. I got it chipped to my cell phone and when anyone called, I just pressed a button on the windshield side post and had communications. Now, here is what I experienced, and I challenge you to think about this. I would speak for serveral minutes, hands free, and when I was finished and hung up I would look at my surroundings and wonder, "How in the world did I get here."

You are driving by instinct. You are not aware of things going on around you. Your reaction time is hindered. And many more. I actually think that cell phone use in a vehicle is dangerous, and it does not matter what mode you use.

But, I still talk hand free. (I'm going to have to talk to myself about that.)

For once I agree with you Wayne. Sometimes Willa will go flake out on the sofa and leave the driving to me. I usually put on some music and ride along and sing and look at the pretty girls that pass me. I eat ''sunflower seeds'' and spit the hulls out the window and have a swig of tea and pet Gus or Finnie when they sit in my lap. On more than one occasion I have ''wondered where I was at'' ....... This is especially true on the blue roads that are not ''super slabs''. I will think back and cant remember if we have been thru ''DOOR SLAM'' or ''FLY SWAT'', TEXAS yet........ I just figure its part of getting old and losing your memory and that other thing we cant remember we lost ........

Be safe my Marine friend and best of luck with your knee operation. I am working on you a cane to hobble around on after you get ambulatory (walking)

Its got a ugly Marine carved in the top of it that probably looks like you on a good day..... I hope to mail it to you in a couple of weeks, maybe...

GOD BLESS OUR VETS

Seajay the sailor man .......

Guest Wayne77590

Seajay,

You are giving yourself a bad rep. saying all those nice things about me (Agreement). Also I wouldn't want someone thinkin' I'm taking up sides with a sailor.

Oh! And thank you very much for the cane. I'll add 10c to mybill to you.