Sign in to follow this  
boberoo

1997 HR Endeavor LE Dash A/C

I am new to this forum.

I have a vacuum leak in lines going to a vacuum solenoid near the vacuum pump.

Does anyone have a vacuum line schematic for this motorhome?

Boberoo,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Monaco should be able to supply you with a schematic, but most are very simple.

From the 12 VDC vacuum pump, the line generally goes to a vacuum reservoir and from that to the dash HVAC control.

Thanks for the prompt reply, while I'm on the A/C subject, the unit has two Dometic duotherm 13500 roof units. I am told that by removing 4 bolts and unplugging the wiring I can lift the units off and bring them down for cleaning and all I would have to do is replace the square foam gasket when reinstalled. Is this correct?

Yes, 4 bolts hold the roof A/C in place and the gasket would need to be replaced if the upper unit is removed.

But, to remove the upper unit just to clean the evaporator and condenser would be a lot of extra work-- with care (to keep water out if the coach when washing the evaporator) this servicing can be done with the unit in place. Have done it that way for years. And, particularly in a humid environment, the evaporator as well as condenser need to be cleaned annually to keep mold at bay. Get that "wet dog" smell when you turn on the A/C-- it is time for an evaporator cleaning.

Get a good evaporator cleaner (same as for your house) at any box store.

If really bad, will probably need a brush as well. As toothbrush probably does not have long enough bristles.