ionebears

Roof Mounted Satellite Dishes

Hi. I have a 2010 Winnebago Access Class C RV. Recently went to Camping World to purchase a satelitte dish. Decided on the Winegard Pathway X2 portable. Even though the RV is wired for satellite, I found out that it isn't wired for a portable satellite. According to Winnebago, if I choose the portable satellite I will lose the capability to hook up to cable that could be provided by a RV park. So that leaves me with the option of a roof mounted satellite, like the Winegard Pathway X1. Since I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a satellite dish. Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?

Thanks, Dee

You always have to read the fine print on these things. The only problem I see with the X2 if that while you can have two receivers and they can each watch a different channel -- that is only true if you both want to watch channels that are on the same satellite. That can be a big deal depending on your viewing habits. Otherwise, it looks like a fairly inexpensive solution. I have always had good service from Winegard dishes.

The Pathway has 3 satellite reception options. You can point it toward the Dish Western satellites (110, 119, 129) or the Eastern satellites (61.5, 72.7 and 77) or if you want full use of both receivers you can select the 2 receiver option and it will point the Pathway to the 72.7 satellite only. This satellite has ALL of the Dish programming coming from one satellite and both receivers will be able to watch channel they like. The only programming which is not there is your local Network programming but you can use your OTA for the reception of those couple of channels.

I also responded to your duplicate post on RV.Net. You have a couple of responses there. I recommend the X2 over the X1 and it would be easy enough to modify your existing cable connection or put in a new dedicated line to connect your portable to your receiver. You may also be able to repurpose an outside TV coax connection if you aren't using that cable.