Sign in to follow this  
lollypoppy14

Suggestions for RV parks near Salt Lake City, UT

I am a new FMCA member, and new at posting on the forum, so I apologize if I ask the wrong questions in the wrong place.

I did notice one other post inquiring about SLC, but it's not the same as my request.

I would like to know if any one has a campground suggestion for the Salt Lake City area? (within approx. an hours drive) We would like a pet friendly park with full hook ups. Some beautiful scenery to enjoy and maybe some local attractions to explore would be nice, without being too close to the city, haha.

Thanks in advance for any personal experience with these parks.

The "best" RV park in Salt Lake City is the Salt Lake City KOA. It's right where you want to be if you are looking to visit the major tourist sites in SLC. It's also a great park with easy in/out access and good facilities.

If you want to be in the "general" area, there are other parks that may even cost less. You just need to let us know if that's the case. When I need to stay "in" SLC, this is the only park for me.

There is another RV park N. of town called Pony Express which has excellent facilities as well, it just depends upon what's more important. Price or location.

Thanks Bill, I'll check those out. You bring up a good point, if there is a big difference in cost for a 4 or 5 night stay, we may want to find out more about the local activities before reserving a spot. However, in this trip I'm putting together, the stop in SLC is supposed to be more relaxing, than filled with an itinerary. Kinda like when we went on a cruise, there's so much to do onboard and to go see on shore excursions, we had to come home to relax.

:D Good Morning LollyPoppy14, I stop at the KOA in Salt Lake City every year on my way back home, its an old park but well maintained. There is a shuttle van that picks you up right at the front office and takes you to Temple square and drops you off. This puts you right in the heart of down town where there is alot to see. The shuttle comes and goes all day long so you can get a ride back. If you don't want the shuttle there are different tours some that last all day,that will take you to the various attractions. You can also step right on to the Trax rail that is right in front of the office and it will take down town or the airport. I would definitely consider the KOA for a stay. Good luck Smokeater75.

Thanks for your feed back, Smokeater75. Upon checking reviews after the previous two recomendations, it looks like we will make this one of our stays. However, there were a couple reviews concerning the train noise, so I guess we will have to find out for ourselves. It does sound like this is a great location to be able to take advantage of transportation to activities in town.

LollyPoppy14

Unless you get parked very close to the front of the KOA in SLC there is no chance you are going to hear the commuter train. I have never been parked up that far as the overnight locations generally seem to be in the very back.