badams

Speed Control - Safari Serengeti

I recently purchased a 2001 Safari Serengeti with a Silverleaf VMS 200 EL, Allison 3000 MH transmission and a ISC 350 Cummins Diesel. I believe those are all of the pieces. My coach is currently being limited to 65 mph due to the fact that either the transmission, Silverleaf VMS reports that the speed is 90 mph (max on coach) when I am actually going 65 mph. I just had it in at Allison and they replaced the speed sensor on the transmission as I was getting a fault code. The fault code is gone and transmission works beautifully.

Any ideas?

Ben Adams

Ben, A call to Sliverleaf would be the best starting point. Did you get the manual for your VSM 200?

There a a number of sub menus within the software. The previous owner may have entered some incorrect information at some point.

You can go to this link and get contact information.

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com

Rich.

Rich, I have contacted Silverleaf and the system simply monitors output generated from the engine sensors. I believe I have isolated the problem. It is with the speed sensors on the Cummins engine. Now, I am trying to determine if I can replace the sensors myself or do I go to Cummins.

Does anyone know the location of the speed senors on the ISC 350?

Based on my early research, i believe there are two (not sure).

Thank you for your help.

Ben

Ben, common to have 2 mounted together / a pair. located in the transmission housing. They kind of look like a tuning fork ! with a 3 wire connector.

They are not the same as the engine crank sensor.

Rich.