Sign in to follow this  
DanceChick

Route to Cody WY from FL

Question

Hello - new poster here.

I've been reading the thread by ptjeff about a trip west from FL. It's been very informative as we're going to make a somewhat similar trip this summer from central FL. Specifically, we're going to Cody WY & Yellowstone. I haven't decided the rest of the trip as we take our time and chill for a few days along the way. We aren't die-hard sightseers so won't try to hit everything.

We have a 38' DP MH with a 300 HP/5-spd transmission. For obvious reasons, it doesn't have a lot of gusto in mountains. I'm a little concerned about this, so my question is what elevations will we encounter going via Denver and once we arrive at our destinations? I'm sure there are others like us who have made this trip, so it must be doable. but how doable is it?

Any experienced input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Gayle

2 answers to this question

Gayle you may go up through Nebraska on I-80 to Cheyenne. Then up I-25 through Custer. Hwy 20 to Shoshoni and 20 to Thermopolis and 120 up to Cody.

And then 14/16 on into Yellowstone. This route will take you through some hill but no steep mountain climbs. If you'll are Western Art and Firearms people don't miss the Buffalo Bill Heritage Center. It is a place to talk about for years to come. Enjoy Yellowstone.

Enjoy the trip.

Herman