bjsage@sympatico.ca

Towing 2009 Honda Fit

HELP PLEASE ... We are seriously considering buying a 2009 Honda FIT w/AUTOMATIC transmission and would appreciate any feedback from members who have towed this vehicle 4 WHEELS DOWN. Are any problems experienced? Remco states, "'TOWABLE AS IS," but experienced motorhome travelers citing their actual experiences would be very much appreciated before we buy. Thanks to all in advance. BREWSTER

HELP PLEASE ... We are seriously considering buying a 2009 Honda FIT w/AUTOMATIC transmission and would appreciate any feedback from members who have towed this vehicle 4 WHEELS DOWN. Are any problems experienced? Remco states, "'TOWABLE AS IS," but experienced motorhome travelers citing their actual experiences would be very much appreciated before we buy. Thanks to all in advance. BREWSTER

Because warranty is an important part of a new car purchase, the BEST source for reliable information is the HONDA OWNERS MANUAL. Not a salesman, but read the manual itself. Even if someone has successfully towed one, but Honda does not recommend it, it will void your warranty an quite a number of vehicle components.

In that light, any Honda dealer is a good source.

Brett Wolfe

Even thought the owner's manual and Remco state that the Honda Fit is towable, you are smart to try to get some actual info before buying. The 2009 Ford Escape's owner's manual states it is towable and you will see from the other threads, that many transmissions have been burnt up while towing (including two of ours). I wish I had known this BEFORE I bought mine.

rream,

I just bought a 2010 FIT and the manual states as you said but gives a pretty specific procedure before towing. My issue is I can't find a base plate for it. Blue Ox says they will have one after 3/3 but that doesn't have it now. From what I gather, the 2009 and 2010 are the same.

rream,

I just bought a 2010 FIT and the manual states as you said but gives a pretty specific procedure before towing. My issue is I can't find a base plate for it. Blue Ox says they will have one after 3/3 but that doesn't have it now. From what I gather, the 2009 and 2010 are the same.

Bill,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I just went to Roadmaster's website-- they DO list a base plate for the 2010 Fit.

Go to this site and enter Make, Model and Year: http://www.roadmasterinc.com/vehicle_guide...ar_brackets.php

You can also download the installation manual for their baseplate: http://www.roadmasterinc.com/pdfinst/521190-1.pdf

Brett Wolfe