Sign in to follow this  
kguthrie

Freedom 458 Remote

I have a 2000 Safari Continental, with a Xantrex Freedom 458 Inverter/Charger.

My problem is this: The remote appears to be working properly except that when in charge mode it will randomly shut down 120 volt circuits and reset within seconds. The circuit that has the air conditioners is not affected only the circuit that runs microwave and tv's.

Now the weird part. If I unplug the remote from the inverter everything works just fine. If I plug the remote in and turn off the charge mode everything also works fine. I have tried turning the power share down to 5 amps with same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin,

2000 Safari Continental

Cat 3126 with Allison.

Kevin,

How old are the batteries? The remote sensor monitors the charging circuit for the coach / house batteries.

Check the water levels in the batteries, bring them up to the proper levels if they are low on water(Distilled water only). Let them charge with a minimum load, check the voltage with a meter after an hr. or so.

Note, the charging level LED's should go from Red to Yellow and then Green once the battery voltage reaches the float voltage of 14 to 14.5 volts. on the remote panel.

Then disconnect the charger AC voltage and let the batteries set for an hr. or two, take another voltage reading.

Post the results for the group.

Rich.

Kevin,

Thanks for the update.

Having a data cable fail is rare, but it is an inexpensive fix.

The control board in the Freedom 458 failed in our unit and it acted about the same as your issue.

Just wondering if you found the cable defective because your display did not go through the LED level sequence while charging?

Rich.