jleamont

Jellystone in Java, N.Y. - Location and Directions

Anyone camped here before? I am looking for some help with driving directions to the campground. We will be coming from the south east up I-390 (from PA) and across NY436. Or should we take I-86 and up NY16 to NY98 and enter from the southwest?

I cannot tell if this is in the mountains or not, and we have never traveled into NY with the motorhome, before.

Thanks,

Joe

I've never camped at this Jellystone, however, I do live in the western NY area and suggest the following route. Continue on I-390 to I-86 west. Take Route 19 (a bit winding and hilly) north at Exit 30 then RT243 towards RT98 at Rushford, NY. When you get to Arcade, NY, you'll have a fairly tight right turn and left turn in the small business district to stay on RT98. RT98/RT77 will take you to your right hand turn towards Jellystone . There aren't any true "mountains" in this area, rather, some good sized hills. No matter what route you select you will encounter them. Taking RT16 is somewhat winding and usually quite busy and you'd still have to take RT39 from Yorkshire into Arcade to pick up RT98. RT436 takes you well out of the way.

Dan.duwe, thanks for the advice. Good Sam was taking me I-390 to NY436 through Portageville NY then RT39 to RT19 to RT78. Are you familiar with this route?

I actually mapped this route out and I was thinking it might be a good way to go since from the map the roads looked larger.