jleamont

Lighted Grab Handles

Anyone ever successfully replaced their grab handle lighting with an LED upgrade?

The interior and exterior handles do not light anymore and they both have power and ground.

New old stock replacements are too expensive.

My current handles appear to have light tubes molded into the handle.

Just wondering if anyone had an experience to share with retrofitting these into their existing lights.

Ok, I answered my own question. Very simple, remove handle, clip wires, (note your colors) remove upper mount (just a press fit) replace light pod, reassemble, my o-rings were bad so I used A/C o-rings I had in the garage, reconnect wires (I used butt connectors, so did Monaco) Reinstall and caulk the outside handle. To my surprise I removed LED lights from the handles.

Start to finish took less than 1/2 hour for both handles. I bought the lights on Amazon for $9.95 each and they looked just like the original lights I removed.

Thanks jleamont.This is a very timely post as I am having the same issue with the lighted outside grab handle on my 2008 Gulfstream Country Club. It's encouraging to hear that the fix is not complicated. Could you share the part number for the LEDs you ordered from Amazon.

ddbecker,

ITC 86430-LED

If you copy and paste this on their web site it will give you color options.

I figured I would share this, since I know I am not the only one having this problem, most are thinking they need new handles.

Good luck.

Joe