Guest Wayne77590

How to use BB Code tags in forums

Guest Wayne77590

I have seen a few posts that indicate a desire for knowledge on how to make a text bold, or underline, or a size or two larger.

Maybe we can use this thread and ask questions and post answers on how to do it.

Remember that everything typically starts with a [ and ends with a ]. The brackets are interpreted as commands, not to be visible when a suitable command is inserted. Example: [quote] quoted item here is a tag to quote an item. You can find some of the different tags, when in the full edit mode, at the tope of the text box.

Probably the most common tag used is the "bold" tag. "" (there are not quotatoin marks in this tag. I only use the so the code can be viewed.) Again, the easiest way is in full edit mode and to click on the "B" icon which will produce the beginning and ending bold codes. All you would have to do is insert what you wish to have bolded.

The other item more frequently used is the "size" command. The easiest way is to click on the "size" drop down icon and choose your size. it will appear as [size="4"][/size]. You would want to insert your text immediately after the [[/b]size="4"] RIGHT HERE [/size] and it would appear as RIGHT HERE

If you wish to learn more about the BB code, click on the BB Code Help button in the lower right hand side just below this box. It is a good instructional piece on how to insert BB code. (BB=Bulletin Board)

I'll bet that the forum administrator can help you out with any questions you may have on BB Code formatting :rolleyes: (Did I just pass the buck?) :)

Wayne, I am proud of you. You are pretty ''snart'' or should I say ''REAL SNART'' I hereby take back some of the things I have said in the past about Marines and how ''snart'' they are not. The only thing I can figure is that you must have gone to a Navy school on computer stuff to know all this stuff.

I O U ten cents for this valuable information and I will pay you the next time I see you.

Seajay the sailor man

GOD BLESS THIS GREAT NATION .

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SAFE

ps. you might add to click on ''preview post'' so they can actually ''see'' what their post looks like before they post it....

that will be ten cents to me the next time you see me ..........lol.....

Guest Wayne77590

How did you guess? I went to CT school at Pennsacola Fl.

But, I have to give credit where credit is due. I also went to school at Ft. Devens, MA.

The Marine Corps is to "snart" to expend manpower on Class A schools when the other services are already doing it.