AlbertaWinterTexan

Recommendations For 2006 - 2008 Class A On W24 Chassis

We have decided to sell our 2008 HitchHiker 36' 5W, now permanently parked in Mission, TX, and sell or trade our 2005 Safari Trek 28RB2 Class A. We intend to replace both with a 38' (+/-) Class A with 3 slides on a Workhorse W24 chassis.

At the moment, based on our online research, the leading candidates are a 2006 - 2008 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C or Southwind 37C with the optional W24 chassis. These seem to have the features that meet our criteria as well as pricing in our budget range.

That said, we are open to considering other makes /models with comparable quality, features and pricing.

We would welcome recommendations together with the reasons for those recommendations.

Thanks

You would be very happy with the Workhorse chassis. We have put over 24,000 miles on ours in the last 32 months and have no regrets. The 8.1 and Allison transmission are an awesome team. I was leaning towards a DP, but have been very satisfied with our floor plan ( read wife is satisfied) and power train/chassis. Good luck on your search.

Wife and I are looking into purchasing a 2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow, 36 ft. gas. Looks great but still wonder about breakdowns. I understand Fleetwood discontinued the Pace Arrow in 2010? Wonder about parts and etc? Have any suggestions?

kengrace,

Welcome to the Forum.

Even if a certain model is discontinued or the company goes out of business, parts will still be available. Fleetwood, though they manufacture/ assemble a coach doesn't mean they make every part. They will install engines from Ford, GM, Cummins and so forth. The transmission from Allison, the axle from several companies. The motor home Mfg. may make the body aka shell, but the others will still be in business and have parts you can still acquire.

Find a coach that has most of what you like, that has been well cared for and is in a price range you can handle.

So let your conscience be your guide.

Herman