we2bd@comcast.net

Chassis air conditioning

Guest Wayne77590

I would not do it myself. Way back in the hey-days I did a few cars that way, but the technology has changed and there are specific pressures that need to be adhered to, so if you don't have the gauges and the knowledge, let a professional do it for you.

I have been fighting my dash air for a year now. The last time it was in Freightliner they found an "o" ring that had a small leak. That was the last of my 1 year warranty, and now I'm on extended. It still is blowing warmer than desired air. I placed a thermometer in the vent and it will creep up to 60 degrees. I'm waiting to put it in a good AC shop and get it fixed properly.

I would not do it myself. Way back in the hey-days I did a few cars that way, but the technology has changed and there are specific pressures that need to be adhered to, so if you don't have the gauges and the knowledge, let a professional do it for you.

I have been fighting my dash air for a year now. The last time it was in Freightliner they found an "o" ring that had a small leak. That was the last of my 1 year warranty, and now I'm on extended. It still is blowing warmer than desired air. I placed a thermometer in the vent and it will creep up to 60 degrees. I'm waiting to put it in a good AC shop and get it fixed properly.

Good advice, Wayne.

Brett Wolfe

I'm sure you probably have this fixed by now but in case not. On one of our prior RV's hd this same issue and it turned out not to be the ac gas at all. On the control that takes it from Heat to Cool, on the back side was a vacuum hose that controlled the settings and the hose just vibrated loose thus not causing enough vacuum to change from heat to cool/ac. You just needed to remove the dash cover plate and reattach the hose.

This of course is just one of many things that could cause the ac not working and of course some systems are electronic so look for a loose connection on the back side of the temp control.