Sign in to follow this  
Cosborne

Seaward F600 Hot Water Tank With Heat Exchanger

All,

Need some help. It appears I have developed a small leak in our hot water tank, has anyone replaced this themselves or have a write up. I am mechanically inclined and from the looks of (pics attached) that its pretty straight forward.

What I would also like to know is when I am ready to bring power back up to the unit is there anything I should do before that, how will the tank fill without power to the coach or water tank.

Any and all advice would be appreciated I will have to do this in camp and hoping for some help.

Thank you,

1998 Beaver Contessa Viano

Corey

post-40888-0-28406900-1434055872_thumb.j

post-40888-0-09279000-1434055879_thumb.j

If you are on shore water, just turn it on, open a hot water faucet in the coach, bleed of all the air, when the water is running at a normal stream, turn off the faucet.

When all this is done, you can turn the power back on. Shore water will run without power if it is hooked up and turned on. Good luck with the change out.

I didn't mention, the coolant lines from your coach system, be sure to not loose any more water/coolant than necessary. When you disconnect them, be sure to plug if possible, or at least be prepared to raise them as high as possible and have a bungy or rope to hold them up if possible. Be sure to replenish your system with the proper antifreeze.

Yes swap all as suspected and hopefully the new tank will have fittings that will match perfectly.