lylefikse

Shower Door Catches On Bottom

We are having trouble with our shower door binding. Can't figure out how to adjust it. It catches on the bottom when opening and closing. Sometimes it is very hard to close it when taking a shower. When open there is a screw on the inside of the door, top and bottom. Top screw appears tight and I can't bring it in to raise the other side of the door.

Suggestions?

Sounds like the door is out of square. Measure it corner to opposite corner, see if they are the same. If they are not loosen the screws and use bar clamp on the long side and tighten until measurements are the same and then tighten the screws.

Sounds like the same problem I had. I have a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bay and what I did to fix it was: Level the coach and then adjust the screws at the the top of the shower doors until all doors are level.

Desertdeals69

I didn't catch your idea of loosening the screws to readjust the door to square. I will try that today. When I look at how the door is constructed, that seems to make the most sense. Cross your fingers.

Thanks. Seems to have worked for now. Hope it stays straight after travel. I didn't get the top frame just right but I am so happy it doesn't bind that I can live with it for now. Still have lots of caulking around the glass to stop leaks. Tired of water on the floor after a shower.

We have a 43 ft. Newmar. Sometimes the shower door will catch, and other times it closes perfectly. The thing is that it is very sensitive to "level" and if I fiddle with the HWH system long enough, I can get it to work very nicely. The auto-level system doesn't always get it where it wants. If it isn't too bad and I'm staying short stay, I just let it bump a little. When parked for a long time, I'll adjust until it likes the position. hope this helps. mark