Sign in to follow this  
jfanning

M&G Braking System Braking Indicator Problem

I have a M&G Braking System installed on a 2012 Tiffin Phaeton and 2007 Honda CRV. System has worked flawlessly until now. I have a braking indicator light on the dash of the motorhome that lights when braking is applied to towed vehicle. It previously lit the second I applied brakes, and stopped lighting the second I took my foot off the brake pedal. Now the indicator light does not come on until 15-30 seconds after braking is applied, and it stays lit 15-30 seconds after accelerating without foot on brake. I am not sure (yet) if the brakes in the CRV continue to be applied while the motorhome is accelerating. Does anybody have any experience with this, or ideas about what I can check?

Herman you have praised M&G so much and I have always liked the design I decided to remove my Roadmaster Brakemaster out of our F150 and I installed the M&G. I don't know why I waited over 20 yrs it was a easy install and works beautiful, the hardest part was locating the coolant tank and modifying the brace brackets. Oh, one tip to anyone that plans on doing a self install be sure to deplete the Vacuum in the brake chamber by pumping the brakes a few times with the engine off, please don't ask how I found out this.

Walt