Going to have a building built to store our RV in. Any suggestions, thoughts or things we may need to think about? Examples: floor heat, power, water ... :rolleyes: Thank you..

What area of the country (low temperature important)?

What is the size of your current motorhome?

What is the largest motorhome you are contemplating?

Can you tie into your house sewer system in the garage area or in drive to it?

Can you bring 50 amp or 30 amp 120 VAC into the area?

Brett Wolfe

I built one. great. 50-amp service, water. did not put in a dump station, that would have been a good idea. floor drains, sloped floor so i can wash as needed. lots of overhead lights makes it nice to see. my coach is only 36ft but made it 55 just in case we upgrade. the slide by doors could open a little wider but i have plenty of room inside to put out the slides. no heat but i just turn on the heat in the coach, and i do winterize the water system good luck!

Size of the building is 32X60 and going with 50 amp service. Septic line for the house is completely up hill and other end house.

Thinking of overhead doors 14' high 12' wide with operator.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like excellent dimensions. But, don't make it too plush. You don't want your coach to think it can rest there all the time!

And even if you can't plumb into the septic system, consider a slopped floor to center drain to small leaching field and sealed concrete for occasional washing or driving it in when raining. If that isn't practical, slope floor gently to door.

If there will be room to park another coach in front of the storage building, consider another 30 or 50 amp outlet by the door encase you have others visit in their coach.

Agree 14' (actual clearance) insures that this and future coaches well fit without antenna damage.