Sign in to follow this  
imahammnow

Towing 2013 GMC Terrain Questions

We just purchased our first Class A RV and we are trying to learn all we can about towing and welcome suggestions. We have a 2013 GMC Terrain (2 wheel drive) and would like to tow it. We are looking at the Blue Ox Patriot Braking System. This is all mind boggling and the more we read the more confused we become. Any advice we would appreciate.

What exactly confuses you?

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of people here able to help you, but you will need to narrow down your questions a bit.

I don't use the Patriot braking system,so can't comment. I've been very happy with the system that I use -- SMI Play-In-Sta Duo.

We just purchased our first Class A RV and we are trying to learn all we can about towing and welcome suggestions. We have a 2013 GMC Terrain (2 wheel drive) and would like to tow it. We are looking at the Blue Ox Patriot Braking System. This is all mind boggling and the more we read the more confused we become. Any advice we would appreciate.

Welcome to the forum.

I think the first thing to do is go read and become familiar with section 10-70 and 10-71 under Vehicle Care of your owners manual.

Next go hear for the part numbers for your base plate and lights. I recommend the BX7445 Aventa LX Tow bar as it has a 10,000 pound rating. This way if you decide to tow a heavier towed you have the capacity with out needing to by a different tow bar. I also like the extra capacity as a nice safety cushion. http://blueox.com/products/baseplates/bx1708-gmc-acadia-includes-denali/

You can get the part number for the Blue Ox Patriot Braking System hear to. Then shop for the best price. You can also find recommended installers on the website.

This is my advice :lol:

Bill