Sign in to follow this  
davidbuchananontheroad@gmail.com

Recommendation for Winter in Florida?

Question

We plan to winter in Florida again this year but have not decided where yet. We spend last winter in Mexico Beach and Cedar Key, both on the gulf side but are thinking we would like to go farther south this year. We are not fans for the Tampa area but other than that we are open to either the east or west side. We have a 42 ft Monaco Motor Home. Would love to hear some recommendations for Dec, Jan and Feb. Thanks@

Dave and Nancy

5 answers to this question

Hi Dave and Nancy,

Before making any recommendations, can you provide additional information? What entertainment do you prefer, how much do you want to spend/mo for the site? Do your prefer a CG with an activities director for on site activities or are you explorers who like to go off the beaten path? Eat out often or prefer to eat at the coach? Do you prefer a community with little turnover each week/month or are you okay with a more transient group of campers? Anything else you can provide about the lifestyle you want will be helpful in making recommendations you can use.

We are owners at Torrey Oaks RV Resort in Bowling Green, Florida so am partial to the place. It is a class A, fifth wheel only campground. They are in the process of updating and redoing many of the sites for the owners but sites are open for non-owners.

We bought last year so this will be our first year spending the whole winter in Florida at the campground. Last year they had many activities and if you like to golf there is a golf course right next door. There is a swimming pool, pickleball court, pool table, exercise room, fenced dog park, 2 laundry rooms, rec room, and kitchen.

The park is located within hour or so of Orlando, Tampa, Miami and Fort Myers. The one thing I like is that the sites are spread out, you are not bumped right up to your next door neighbor like a lot of places.

Last year they had a set price with nothing extra for electricity. I do not know if that is the same thing this year so I would call and check. They have a website www.TorreyOaksrv.com. Check them out.

Tammy

ELITE RESORT in Crystal River is worth checking out for sure. Large rustic, full hook-up sites with cable tv and wifi throughout the park. Five minutes from both Homosassa and Crystal River have you close to restaurants, supermarkets and activities. Check out the website for pictures and more info.

We are owners at Torrey Oaks RV Resort in Bowling Green, Florida so am partial to the place. It is a class A, fifth wheel only campground. They are in the process of updating and redoing many of the sites for the owners but sites are open for non-owners.

We bought last year so this will be our first year spending the whole winter in Florida at the campground. Last year they had many activities and if you like to golf there is a golf course right next door. There is a swimming pool, pickleball court, pool table, exercise room, fenced dog park, 2 laundry rooms, rec room, and kitchen.

The park is located within hour or so of Orlando, Tampa, Miami and Fort Myers. The one thing I like is that the sites are spread out, you are not bumped right up to your next door neighbor like a lot of places.

Last year they had a set price with nothing extra for electricity. I do not know if that is the same thing this year so I would call and check. They have a website www.TorreyOaksrv.com. Check them out.

Tammy

Hello Paul and Linda

Saw your input on Oaks RV Resort in Bowling Green Florida. We will check it out. Planning to be in Flordia most of the month of February.

We are Jack and Mamie Hardin and have a 2006 Discovery. Just bought it last summer only had 4768 miles on it and kept inside. We were replacing a 2003 Excrusion. We live in the mountains of North Carolina, noticed you were from NC. What part?

Have a nice Day!

Jack and Mamie