paulesx6@aol.com

Adjusting Slideout

I just had to have my weatherstripping replaced on my slideout because the room had shifted. I put down my leveling jacks and leveled the motorhome prior to putting out my slide, but that did not stop it from shifting. Does anyone know the proper way to check a slideout to avoid this from occurring again?

That is a hard question to answer because there are so many different types of slide out motors and mechanisims. You would need to be a bit more specific, like who makes it and so forth.

Welcome NF:

As above, please give us the manufacturer and model and year of coach. Let us know also the slide, front/rear, driver side/passenger side. As I understand it various manufacturers have different instructions for extending slides. We have two slides and each has a different method for moving the slide and each has a different system for adjusting the slide out. I had mine adjusted at a service center several years ago and watched/participated in the process. Now I know what to do on my own. If you have to take your coach in to have the adjustment made, ask to watch the process so you can see how it is done. Think of it as going to RV tech school!

If you have a shift of the slide it indicates some failure of the slide out mechanism or a serious adjustment issue. Once we know the exact details of your coach, we should have someone on line who owns or knows a similar coach and can give you some help.

You really do need all the info as mentioned. When we bought our Coach the RV Dealer said it didn't matter if jacks were down or not before putting slides out. When down on one of our trips to Camp Monaco I asked the tech there and they told me for OUR rig it would be slides out 1st and then level. So again get all the info and repost. There's sure to be someone that can help.

Barb Harkness F351103