Sign in to follow this  
gdel64

2006 Workhorse Instrument Cluster Mode Button

I have a 2006 Itasca Suncruiser with a Workhorse chassis.  I just had the Actia instrument cluster and LCD display which I could not read 75% of the time fixed by Module Master, a great job.  

But when I sent it the mode switch was not working and it is still not working. It seems to be stuck in the odometer/ battery voltage/oil pressure option selection.  I push the mode switch and nothing changes the menu does not come up as it used to. I can however push the mode switch for 8 or more seconds and the diagnostics come up and will check all the functions as in the manual.  This is not something new since the module master fix. I thought it would have to do with the LCD but I guess not.

So anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to reset this or get it working again.  

Finally I would really be able to read it and it is not working.

gdel64,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

The low brightness issue was an LED driver circuit problem. The current issue is a logic circuit issue.

The push button you use to step through the display and set up the items you want to monitor is software driven.

The fact that you can hold the button and go to the diagnostics function, would tend to indicate that ether there is a  gap in the software or a IC that steps through the memory data lines that has failed.

No quick fix, but if you can contact Module Master and explain the issue, they might be able to offer a possible resolution. 

Rich. 

Thanks for the reply.  I have now spoken with module master, great people, problem is most likely software like you said.  I am now trying Actia and seeing if I can get them to reflash.  Module master says they will most likely try to sell me another one.  I will see what happens.

Thanks.

Gdel64