oscarpower

Lubec, Maine Campground

Looking for Moose, we reserved for 3 nights, paid 2 and stayed 1 at the Sunset Point RV Park up in the Moosehead Lake area of North Maine.  Our campsite was very spacious with a white sand beach 10 steps from the motorhome.  The view was fantastic, the water cool but not cold. Bathrooms nice and clean. If you look for a place to be peaceful to relax is perfect. Owners very nice and acomodating. 

However....... there is no wifi, cable, local tv or phone signals (although I received an email from them).  There are hundreds of mosquitoes or "noseum" bugs, that not even a fogger would disperse them. There is no laundry.  We paid for W and E hookup, however, the electricity is available only at certain times during the day or night...they said they had to recharge batteries for their freezers.  Obviously the camp is in the middle of nowhere.  What also really disturbed my husband, was that to go there, you had to drive 34 miles on a gravel road with logger trucks rushing by.  You cannot imagine the dust we had everywhere and the "rattling" of everything inside the motorhome.  Driving slow or fast, it was the same.

Definitely the next time I book a reservation, I will be looking into the details or small print describing the place and ask more questions!  No more surprises!  Live and learn.....

Jocelynn W Power

28' Concord Coachmen w tow

Florida

If you go back up to Maine I'm sure you will like "Searsport Shores", nice and peaceful on the ocean. No moose though.