Sign in to follow this  
Peggy

Camping long-term

I live in Cincinnati and work full-time. Am looking for a campground within a couple hundred miles that permits longterm camping -- by that I mean, a couple months at a time. Probably just the months of June and July.

I want to just park the motorhome at a nice place with a lake (so I can go fishing) and hiking, and drive out to it when I can on the weekends, or when I can take a couple more days off. I just do not have the time right now to get in the motorhome and drive it all over the place. I think this way I'll actually use the coach more often.

All suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Peggy

Peggy,

I've stayed in and around Cincinnati on several occasions but not where there was fishing at the campground. I've done a little research (Trailer Life) and found several suggestions. Little Farm on the River in Rising Sun, Indiana, just across the border looks like it might meet your requirements. It has both a lake and is on the Ohio River. Cincinnati South Rose Garden Campground, Crittenden, KY, 859-428-2000 lists fresh water fishing. Indian Springs Campground, North Bend, OH, 888-550-9244 lists a lake and freshwater fishing. All of these are commercial campgrounds and do not list any restrictions on length of stay. They also are more expensive than the state parks but those all have length of stay restrictions. I just wanted to give you a few examples of what I could find. I would suggest that you purchase a copy of Trailer Life or Woodall's Campground Directory if you don't already have one. It's a great resource to have handy even if you aren't on the road frequently.

Good luck, I hope you find something that you like.

Peggy,

I've stayed in and around Cincinnati on several occasions but not where there was fishing at the campground. I've done a little research (Trailer Life) and found several suggestions. Little Farm on the River in Rising Sun, Indiana, just across the border looks like it might meet your requirements. It has both a lake and is on the Ohio River. Cincinnati South Rose Garden Campground, Crittenden, KY, 859-428-2000 lists fresh water fishing. Indian Springs Campground, North Bend, OH, 888-550-9244 lists a lake and freshwater fishing. All of these are commercial campgrounds and do not list any restrictions on length of stay. They also are more expensive than the state parks but those all have length of stay restrictions. I just wanted to give you a few examples of what I could find. I would suggest that you purchase a copy of Trailer Life or Woodall's Campground Directory if you don't already have one. It's a great resource to have handy even if you aren't on the road frequently.

Good luck, I hope you find something that you like.

Thank you! I will check those out.