Sign in to follow this  
tbutler

How do I add a photo to my Signature?

I'm new at this and have hit a roadblock. I would really like to add a photo of our motorhome to our signature but can't figure out how. If I go to insert image it asks for a URL. I don't have a web site to reference here. Can anyone help me with the process?

Guest Wayne77590

Tom,

If you do not have a web site that you post pictures to, you can join many for free. I use www.photobucket.com.

If you prefer not to have a site, I'll load your picture on my site (one time) and you can use that IMG file.

Just looking at the photos on the FMCA web page, you have uploaded a picture. You really need to cut the size down for a signature.

http://community.fmca.com/uploads/12381038...3_47_112747.jpg

I obtained that using the right click of the mouse and clicking on properties, which renders the url string that I copied and pasted here.

That should work for you if you preceed the http with [img], and follow the ending with [/img]

ignore the bolded text, as I just used it to get the image tag to show up.

Here is what you will see. Hope you don't mind that I took liberty and posted your picture. I would like to ask the administrators to delete the picture after you have posted a reply, as it's too big.

For those new to forums, your Signature is the pre-entered lines of text that appear at the end of all your posts.

These instructions for inserting photos assume your are logged in as a member of the Community.

An ideal size for an image in your Signature is 160 x 120 or smaller. Use your photo-editing program to size the image.

1. Upload the desired picture(s) to an fmca.com Community Photo Album. To do this, click the My Album link near the top of the page, and then click the New Album button. (Because this image will be part of your signature, you can choose to make this album not-public, if you wish.)Once your Signature photo is uploaded to an album, keep that page open in your browser. To the right of the image is an Image Link. Copy this exact URL (link).

2. Now, open a seond tab/browser window and go to the FMCA.com Community site.

3. Click My Controls. From the Menu on the left, scroll down to Personal Profile. Choose Edit Signature.

4. Place your cursor beneath your Signature text. Click the Insert Image tool (from the square formatting icons).

5. You will be prompted to enter the full URL of the image you want to insert. So paste the image link, which you copied from your photo album, into the space provided.

6.Scroll down and Click Update my Signature.

The Insert Image tool/icon also appears when you are replying to mesages or adding new topics, so you can use the copy/paste Image Link to add images to the body of your posts, as well.

For the other way to insert images into the body of your posts, directly from your computer, see my post "How to insert pictures."

Note: The copy/paste of the image link can also be applied when you use free picture sharing Web sites, such as www.photobucket.com to size/store your images.