jvr

Michelin XZA2 315/80/R22.5

I recently replaced the steering tires with XZA2's and now need to replace the other 6 due to sidewall cracking.

I'm new to FMCA and don't understand how to find the price through the FMCA program

Also, any suggestions for an alternate tire would be appreciated, I've not had any problems with the Michelins, only sidewall cracking which has been apparent for years and people have been recommending that I get rid of them, The 2006 Essex came with XZA1 tires and they are original with 65K.

Thanks,

JVR

2 minutes ago, JVR said:

I recently replaced the steering tires with XZA2's and now need to replace the other 6 due to sidewall cracking.

I'm new to FMCA and don't understand how to find the price through the FMCA program

Also, any suggestions for an alternate tire would be appreciated, I've not had any problems with the Michelins, only sidewall cracking which has been apparent for years and people have been recommending that I get rid of them, The 2006 Essex came with XZA1 tires and they are original with 65K.

Thanks,

JVR

You are definitely ready for some new tires. I just used the Michelin program to by tires for my toad so let me see if I can help.

Go to the local Michelin dealer and get the Michelin price and part number for your tire, then call FMCA ask for the Michelin program and give them the number and they will tell you the price. You might want to check on a couple different tires. Like the XRV.

Bill

I actually tried to find the right part number in the list and found it was easier to talk to the dealer to be sure I was looking at the right part number for my application. If you read what I posted carefully you will see I said to call FMCA and ask for the  Michelin tire program office.

Bill

My local tire dealer priced the XZA2's @ $699 each incl fet + mounting without the advantage plan.

Is anyone aware if the BF Goodrich is comparable to the XZA2

Look at the BF Goodrich option (a Michelin product) to save yourself hundreds of dollars on replacement tires.  Both are available using the FMCA tire program.