DWAYNECHERAMIE

Air Issues On 03 Fleetwood Excursion

Have 2 small connections on air line on drivers side front & rear , each have 2 small pin holes in them that bleed off air. Normally crank up rig, pressures up then pops off all good ... But recently these 2 small connections I speak of, I can stop pressure by simply applying pressure with a finger then it'll hold the pressure then pop off in a few... Meaning all pressured up... They may be the leveling valves?? Not sure... Jus a small connection on the air line not resembling a valve..would like to know  what caused this.???

Sometimes it does it...some times it doesn't....gonna swap them out for sure, just not sure what they are .... And why they both started popping off at same time?? Any thoughts please.

If these are the RIDE HEIGHT VALVES, they are basically a three position valve:

Let air into the air bag(s)

Do nothing

Let air out of the air bag(s).

So, indeed, if you are talking about the ride height valves, if ride height is too high, it WILL (and should) let air out.

The ride height valve will have a mechanical link/rod  from axle to the valve so that it maintains the correct ride height.

So do nothing?? Next time I'll see how long it'll relieve itself in that case . As soon as I've heard it before I just remove rubber boot and held pressure firmly on 2 pin holes & if stopped... Thanks Wolfe 10.... I'll keep eye on pressure???

If it is a ride height valve (and without a picture or detailed description this is just an ASSUMPTION), once air is let out to a point that proper ride height is achieved, it will stop exhausting air.  If it does not, the ride height valve needs to be replaced.  They are not expensive.

Seems like I let it bleed a good while though wolfe 10, on one occasion, & it should bleed rather quickly & stop if it's only bringing to right ride hiegh I would say ?  But min. I put my finger on it stops...  Could the valve have poss. Confused positions cuz it seems like it wants to release pressure for a while?

I would like to see a picture before I decide it is the ride height valve. The description "Have 2 small connections on air line on drivers side front & rear , each have 2 small pin holes in them that bleed off air." Does  not match what I have seen as a ride height valve and the control lever. 

Bill

14 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I would like to see a picture before I decide it is the ride height valve.

Bill

I agree. "Best guess" is not the same as a fact.