Sign in to follow this  
f452564

Motorscooter Recommendations

My husband and I are looking to purchase a motorscooter to haul behind our Class A. We also have two bikes.

Any recommendations on scooters and hitches?

We are newcomers to this way of life but are loving it.

JoAnne

JoAnne.  Welcome to the Forum!

Need to know what kind, model, length of coach!  Also Diesel or gas!  When you say two bikes, is that pedal or motor?  Are you planning also to tow a toad (car, truck, 4x4)?

Carl

We have a class A Fleetwood diesel Excursion 33d. It's 34 feet long. We have two pedal bikes and are looking at  Honda motorscooters. We figure we won't have to tow a car if we get the scooter, but aren't sure what hitch would be best. Trying to get feedback on that.

Ok, now what size scooters are you looking at...they run the gambit in cc and weight...no need for a "Power Lift" if your looking at under 200cc.

Carl

You asked for ideas for hitches, I assume that carriers would be the correct term. Here is an idea for a lightweight scooter, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Scooter-Bike-Car-Carrier-Hitch-Mount-Rack-Load-Ramp-Fit-2-Receiver-/122219401815?hash=item1c74d81257:g:X8oAAOSwa~BYN6o0&vxp=mtr, this is of course a scooter carrier, you could add your present bike carrier to the rear of this carrier and carry all three as long as the total weight does not exceed your hitch and coach weight limits for tongue weight, not to be confused with tow weight.