-Gramps-

Blogging or Phogging?

What do you call a blog that is mostly photographs? A Plog or Phog? I don't know...here is mine if you are interested. I designed it myself and host it on Squarespace. It is how Diane and I let our kids and relatives know what we are up to, what I am thinking,  in more detail than on Facebook. 

My random views words/images blog site.

Yes, I know. I blogged here at FMCA.com for seven years (133 entries starting in 2009) before I started my own site which is linked here in the blog section. Unfortunately hardly anyone goes to the blog section anymore. So I put a link here in the forums on this board.

This board has this description:  Discuss types of Internet connections, including wireless, satellite and cellular. Tips and equipment for using high-speed Internet while traveling. Plus: E-mail, blogging, and other ways to keep in touch while RVing. 

Blog sites, the design, the content, both words and images, take quite a bit of work if it is going to be a good site. However, like woodcarving, and film photography, I think blogging is a dying art form. People would rather tweet or text or Instagram, for that instant gratification. I am not like that. I like words, no I love words, they mean something to me. They have the power to convey emotion, inspiration and tell a good story at the same time. Combine that with a good photograph and you have something special. I think so anyway. 

Derrick

Just like Mr. Butler would say.  I concur!  With all the texting and abbreviations of words or a letter u, to mean you.  We loss sight of the ability to formulate and spell.

Carl 

Thanks Carl, and I appreciate the PM as well. I intend to keep writing and looking thru the viewfinder. 

20 hours ago, jrock said:

Gramps keep up the good work 

Thanks! I intend to do just that for as long as I can. 

Gramps, looked at your last 4 months of the year.  There is a FMCA Chapter called the Swinging Golfers and for 3 years, we spent a week in the regular Campground next to you, every September.  Very nice place you call home, great folks in the Galax area and I hope the club comes back again in the future.  Some great golf also, music and food!  So, thanks for bringing back some nice memories!

Carl