Recently noticed that bedroom slide was rubbing against trim and top of battery compartment door. Examination revealed what I believe is a plastic plate on each side that the slide rests on. The left side plate seemed to be missing. Could not identify or find this part in the Winny parts listing, With one side missing the low side is resting and sliding on the carpet and underlying frame, lowering side by just under 1/2" . 

Anyone had any experience replacing this spacer ? Does the slide have to be removed in order to repair this part?   What is involved in removing the slide to make the repair?  Anyone with experience or suggestions please respond. 

Also if anyone can recommend a qualified RV repair service that is knowledgeable in regard to Winny/HWH slides the info would be appreciated.  Preferably in GA but I will travel to get good service. My experience with local RV facilities has not been good.

I think I know the piece you are referring to.  Is it a hard nylon wedge that is bolted to the floor?  If so, we have those on our slides too.  The wedges allow the slide to tip up at an angle when extending and retracting the slide. 

I haven't had to replace one but you might give Pete a call at Action RV in Conroe TX.  936 441 1165.  They do all our major repairs and I have done an excellent job with everything we've thrown their way.

Blake

Well finally figured out the cure for the rear slide.    The height adjustment for this slide is a part called a adjustment shoe, there is one on each side of slide. It can be seen from the battery compartment left front, or the other side from under the chassis. The shoe is a 1" tube about 6" long with a horizontal plate welded on the top approx. 2"x4". Attached to the horizontal plate is some sort of plastic material the slide rests on, and slides with minimum friction. the shoe is adjusted up or down via a bolt sticking out of the bottom. In my unit the shoe and the mount that holds it broke away from the frame and required welding back to frame. This was accomplished without removal of the slide. All battery's were removed for safety and access.   Attached is image of slide guide.

Slide GuideSlide Guide Image.jpg

Glad you got it fixed.  Thanks for the detailed description.  Wonder if anyone has pictures of that or a link to it on the Winnebago website for those who run into this in the future.