Sign in to follow this  
Kedrington1

New Members

Hello,  We are Randy and Karen Edrington.  We currently own a 1992  28' Jamboree Rallye, but have a new ShowHauler on order that should be delivered sometime late this Fall.  We have been camping almost our entire life, both with our parents when we were young and after we married many years ago.  Right after we married we bought a Lil' Colt pickup camper from my parents that we used for many weekends at Assateague Island, Maryland.  It was definitely a no-frills unit.  We upgraded several times until the Jamboree was purchased new as a family motorhome where we traveled with my in-laws and our kids.  We also spent many years in Tom's Cove, Chincoteague, VA, with my parents in their 35' Citation.  Our motorhome adventures slowed down considerably when we bought a boat that we keep on the Chesapeake Bay.  Our daughter uses the Jamboree more than we do now for dog shows, but we still make our annual trip to the Florida Keys every winter.     

Looking ahead to retirement, we started looking at 5th wheels, Class A's and several brands of Super C's before we finally decided on the ShowHauler.  We plan to retire sometime in the next 18 months where we will spend most of our time traveling.  Our first big summer trip scheduled for either 2018 or 2019 (depending on retirement date) will be cross-country to Alaska.  My husband went in 1966 with his parents in a Ford Econoline Camper Conversion.  He wants to retrace his steps in a little more luxury this time!  We plan to spend months in the Keys instead of the weeks we do now.  We just purchased a Jeep Wrangler as our "dirt dink" so can't wait to get started.   

We hope to meet other members as we travel this beautiful country. 

Welcome to the forum , are y'all members of FMCA  if so have you visited any local chapters ? If not I would suggest that you do . It makes traveling much more fun and the companionship is Priceless . Good luck with your purchase and future retirement .

Michael

Randy & Karen,

Also welcome. Were your parents by some chance members of FMCA? If so you can get their same  F number followed by an "S" or "D" for son or daughter. 

Good luck and enjoy your new toy hauler.

Thanks for keeping up your family tradition.

Herman 

1 hour ago, michaelhillhouse said:

Welcome to the forum , are y'all members of FMCA  if so have you visited any local chapters ? If not I would suggest that you do . It makes traveling much more fun and the companionship is Priceless . Good luck with your purchase and future retirement .

Michael

We are members of FMCA but have not visited any local chapters.  It is somethimg we will do once we retire and have the time.