rpbuttery

Medical Insurance While Traveling in Canada

My wife and I are both on traditional Medicare, with supplemental AARP UnitedHealthcare Part B and Part D.

We will be in Canada four months this summer (2017).

Would appreciate any views regarding foreign medical insurance for such an extended stay in Canada.

Check with an insurance company. I know at one time, people from the U.S. could get a policy from Good Sam.

Here in Canada there are many companies that that sell us health insurance when we go to the USA.

My understanding that works both ways.  I have a policy that covers me World wide, when I leave the US.  In my coach, cruising or flying and it's not expensive....cost me $500 a year, I call when I leave and same when I return....I'm also on Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

Our healthcare insurance covers my wife and me ONLY in the USA, so prior to our travels from the USA into Canada this past June, we contacted several insurance companies.  Seven Corners, the company that provides FMCAssist, quoted us the best rate for the coverage we needed.  I obtained the coverage by phone and was able to go on-line and print our ID cards.