dottynken

Tail light assemblies

I have looked everywhere in the FMCA sites that I could think of in hope of finding someone who has found a source to obtain a replacement tail light assembly for my 2006 Fleetwood Discovery. I contacted Fleetwood, and I can order an assembly from them. I have to believe that there are other sources somewhere, possibly the maker of the taillight, or even a business that deals with used replacement motorhome parts. I checked with two different motorhome body and collision repair places, and was told they usually contact the coach manufacturer to obtain parts. I would greatly appreciate any info from other members. The bad part of all this is that I cracked the lense of the tail light while washing the coach. It kindof spiderwebbed; otherwise, I probably wouldn't even want to replace it.

Thanks,

Ken

kkoehler2791@hotmail.com

Welcome to the FMCA Forum dottynken,

I'm going to send you to this site which has many RV salvage yards listed. These are an excellent source of used parts. These salvage yards are located all over the country and you can visit in person or you can call and have them ship the part. I had a friend who used this to get a back-up camera. The yard he contacted shipped one that wouldn't work so he called them and they sent another that worked. No questions asked.

One way to find these articles on salvage yards is to go to the top of this page and click on the button that says search. Then type in salvage and you'll come up with about a dozen items that have references for salvage yards. There are other lists if you don't find what you need here.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you resolve your problem so everyone can benefit from your experience. That is what we do here, learn and share!

Guest 2driftrs

We just replaced the headlight assemblies on our Georgie Boy. I took the name off the lens and did an Internet search. What we found was surprising, to say the least. Based on the number on the lens, the assemblies came back as fitting the 1996 Chevy Caprice! We bought 2 new Chevy Caprice headlamp units (the old ones were yellowed) from a company in California. They fit perfectly!

We just replaced the headlight assemblies on our Georgie Boy. I took the name off the lens and did an Internet search. What we found was surprising, to say the least. Based on the number on the lens, the assemblies came back as fitting the 1996 Chevy Caprice! We bought 2 new Chevy Caprice headlamp units (the old ones were yellowed) from a company in California. They fit perfectly!

2drifters See if you read the FMCA forum you learn a lot. I didn't know about the Chevy Caprice Motor Home. Can you send pictures?

Just joking. That is one of the good thing about the internet and this forum, there is always some where or some one that can help with a problem. As was stated, there is a web site for RV Salvage yards, Colaws in Joplin, MO. comes to mind.

Happy RVing.