genenick

Adding 120 VAC Outlet

I find that I am in need of another 120 VAC outlet to plug in a Hottrod system that I recently purchased. Based on how the existing circuits are laid out I am going to have to run another complete circuit with a new breaker, new wire, and new plug. I spent >25 years in the electronics industry so I know technically what I am doing; but I was curious if anyone else has done this and what their experiences were? I know that I need to mount the plug in the bathroom sink cabinet. I owned a Pace Arrow in the late 1990's that had this done to it, but the 2006 Damon Challenger is a completely different beast. Any input is appreciated. Thanks, Gene

I find that I am in need of another 120 VAC outlet to plug in a Hottrod system that I recently purchased. Based on how the existing circuits are laid out I am going to have to run another complete circuit with a new breaker, new wire, and new plug. I spent >25 years in the electronics industry so I know technically what I am doing; but I was curious if anyone else has done this and what their experiences were? I know that I need to mount the plug in the bathroom sink cabinet. I owned a Pace Arrow in the late 1990's that had this done to it, but the 2006 Damon Challenger is a completely different beast. Any input is appreciated. Thanks, Gene

Sounds like you are comfortable doing 120 VAC wireing.

Yes, the proper way is to add a breaker (assuming you have a blank in your 120 VAC distribution panel). Then run a dedicated wire to the outlet. Since it is to power a heating element immersed in water, consider a GFI outlet. Running that high amp draw addition off existing circuits would not be a good idea.

Brett