gypsyken

Delmonico Automatic Washer/Dryer

Does anyone else have a "Delmonico Automatic Washer/Dryer"?  One was in my Europremier when I purchased it new in 1993.  I have not been able to find a model number, "Delmonico" is not even mentioned in the "Use and Care" booklet that came with the machine, and the name or address of the manufacturer are not given.  In 2011 a service man in Mexico replaced the water pump, I assume with a "generic" one.  The washer/dryer has otherwise performed well for 24 years, until now.  With the power switch on or off, the wash selector on "Off," and the "Door Lock" light off, I could not open the door.  I also could not open it when the dryer was on, when the door is not supposed to be locked.  Pulling on the door latch handle, I broke it off.  A service man opened the door by manipulating with a screwdriver the part from which the latch handle had broken off, and the washer/dryer operates normally when the door is closed.  He concluded that the electric mechanism that locks the door is not functioning and must be replaced, but without a model number or any other information about the machine, he cannot obtain a replacement and suggested that I might buy a new machine (for $1,000+)..

I will greatly appreciate any information that anyone can provide.

See if you can take the latch out and repair it. I just broke the handle on my Splendide and had a hard time finding a reasonable cost replacement part. Finally got one from the manufacturer. Have you pulled it out and pulled the back off to look for data plates?

Bill