fagnaml

Tropical Storm Preparations -- What to do for a Motorhome?

The Houston area could be affected Thursday / Friday this week (June 24 & 25, 2017) by a tropical storm that is developing in the Gulf of Mexico.  I've been through several tropical storms in Lake Charles and Katy starting with Hurricane Rita through Hurricane Ike and know how to "batten down the hatches" for my home in preparation for a tropical storm.  I did not own an RV during those storms (have owned my motorhome for only two years).  

My motorhome is stored at a new storage facility that has covered, but not enclosed, parking spots --> http://grandparkwayboatandrvstorage.com/index.html      Given this may be my first experience with a tropical storm while owing a motorhome, are there any storm preparations for a motorhome anyone has done beyond making sure all windows, vents, doors, etc. are fully closed?

Thanks for your thoughts / guidance!

Hi Mike,

We too are prepping for the storm.  Our coach is safely in the garage and generators are fueled up and exercised.

You may consider renting a spot at Free Eagle storage for the period of the storm.  It's a new facility, completely enclosed and MH spots have 50a hook-up.  Largest they have is 25' x 50' w 14'h roll-up doors.  Our coach fits in there but we have other vehicles and trailer stored there.

Facility is off of 45n near Research (Woodlands).

Blake

Unless forecasts are WAY off, the Houston area will be on the dry side of the storm with winds out of the N and NE, so no storm surge.

Beaumont and east is another matter.