Sign in to follow this  
Sdollins

2004 Phaeton King Dome Satellite

We have a 2004 Phaeton with a King Dome Satellite that is broken and needs to be replaced.  We have a Wholesale Warranty that will only pay for repairs if  the satellite equipment was factory installed.  Does anyone have a brochure  for the 2004 Phaeton that would show that the King Dome came as standard equipment on that model? 

Call Tiffin in Red Bay, AL and ask for Tech department...have your VIN# handy. 

I think not.  The Phaeton was a entry level DP, so your KD was an option or was added on at a later date.

The dome cannot be repaired.  A replacement would be required.  I don't know if that makes any difference, just a comment.  I also agree with the above poster that it is unlikely a factory installed option in 2004 but worth giving Tiffin a call.

Just called Tiffin and told them what I was looking for.  King Dome's were options in 2004, but brochures only have them as that.  She said that they only have records back to 2009  for vin's because they switched computer systems.  However, she said "Let me look for you by vin even though it is a 2004."  She looked and guess what-under the appliance sheet, it was listed for our coach.  So, I am a HAPPY CAMPER today thanks to Audrey at Tiffin for going the extra mile and checking, even though it should not have been in their present system!  Thank You Tiffin! 

OK, that part is good.  Now what are you going to do about the 2004 KD?  BillA is correct, I used mine for an anchor...2006 and still holding guest boats! :P