kberg

Smokey Mountains

Question

Looking for suggested campground in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area for the first of October.  Full hook-ups and room for slide-outs.  Also lakes accessible for kayaking and any other hot tips you may have.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

There are several available in the Pigeon forge area, my favorite is Creekside, enough room for your slides and clean restroom/shower facilities, full service hookup some 30 amp but mostly 50 amp. You had better get busy making reservations asap, that is a prime month in that area. If you can't find anything available in PF, in Wears Valley, about 12 miles from PF, Smoker Holler is a very nice cg with full service. The streams are medium full this year between Gatlinburg and Cades cove, there are many kayakers in them. Metcalf bottom is picnic area 10 miles out of Gatlinburg that offers a nice part of the stream for water activies.

Here's the tough part.  Dandridge is not close to Pigeon Forge but I can't think of anywhere close to Pigeon Forge where lakes and kayaks come into play.

Maybe we could break this down into 2 separate topics.  If you are heading to the mountain in hopes of finding good kayaking I think you might have a bit of an issue.

If you want to visit and be close to Gatlinburg I like Twin Creeks but if you want one place to visit the entire area then I like Creekside as mentioned above.  Creekside also has much more room and is easier to get around but I like the convenience of Twin Creeks and it's cozy nature.