josinski

2016 Mini Cooper For Toad

I am thinking about buying a newer Mini Cooper stick shift to tow 4 down behind my Class A.

I read all the other mini cooper comments and just reaching out to see if any new information came out about mini's?

The only feed back that I can give you, I drove one, is that there is no play in the steering wheel at all...you move it and the car goes there...like a Go Cart, so it takes some getting used to it.  What I really liked is that I'm 6' 8" and I had plenty of room and did not feel cramped.  Only reason for not buying it, I'm also 74 and I don't bend as easily any more...getting out was a real trill.

I am only 6'1" and agree with manholt reference his comment about not feeling cramped in a Mini.  We have only had our 2016 rag top for a month and it is easier for me to get in and out of than our SUV.  Not sure about 4-door Mini models but our 2 door is a breeze to jump in and out of, or at least for a 65 year old.   While traveling this summer we talked to two campers who had them as toads.  I didn't really get much information from them but both were using dolly's.  As far as the steering goes, it is designed to get tighter the faster you go much like a high end sports car does.  After a month of ownership and 1,800 miles there is nothing I don't like about the vehicle.  We have decided to use an enclosed trailer for it and the Harley.