txiceman

Just Rejoined FMCA With A Towable

On 12/19/2017 at 2:29 PM, TXiceman said:

We have owned class A's and a class C over the years and vintage travel trailer towables we restored, a pop up, and 5th wheels.  Seeing FMCA open to towables, I joined.

But after reading some of the elitist comments made under the discussion topics about the vote for towable membership, I am having doubts about joining the group.  We are already Escapees and Life Good Sam members.  We have been full time in our orphan HitchHiker Champagne for almost 5 years now and had an RV of one type or the other since 1984.

With a long history of RV ownership of all types and sizes, I do not see such a great reason for such a division created by some people.  Many of the basic RV components are the same for towable and motorized and many of the problems are the same.  

I do see that the forums do not have a section dedicated to 5th wheel or travel trailers.  Hopefully this will change.

We have seen an elitist attitude from certain brand owners, but not from a general group such as motorhome or pop ups or trailer owners.  We are one of the four couple that started the Texas Boomers RV Club which is not brand or type specific.  We all park together and have a great time together.

As for parking being an issue, I see an equal number of poor motorhome drivers and towable drivers.  They can't back, they cut corners and rut up sites with out discrimination to type of RV.

We chose a nice 5th wheel for our full time adventure over a motorhome for a number of reasons.  

I will see how this goes over the next year and decide if I want to renew then.

Ken

Welcome, please don't judge FMCA by the few negative remarks on towables. Hope to see you in Perry.