mapdlpurdy

Blue Ox Tow Bars Comparison

I am looking to get a tow bar from Blue Ox. I am looking for feedback between the Aladdin and Acclaim models. They are both Class III less than 5000 pounds, which meets my needs. I'd like to hear about any pros and cons on either model and if people have a recommendation.

When I did my research,,,,,,I ended up with the Blue OX Aventa LX

Although, I know I didn't need the 10k rating,,,,,things change, and in the event I later decided to change vehicles, I would not have to get another tow bar...

At the time the Aventa LX had a good sale price,,,,,,so it made sense to me at the time,,,,and still does......no matter what vehicle I end up with down the line, the Aventa will handle,,,,just my thoughts.

Have not had any experience with the models you looking at....Good luck on your choice.

Hi mapdlpurdy,

My apology, I do not have experience with the 5K tow bars. However, I agree with Explorer. I purchased a Blue Ox Tow Bar with a 10K rating. Right now this is what I need. The secondary reason is that I do not look to purchase a small light weight vehicle in the future. (There needs to be major improvements in comfort for 6' + people before I buy one of the light weight vehicles.) If you are sure you'll never need to tow over 5K lbs. go for it.

When I did my research,,,,,,I ended up with the Blue OX Aventa LX

Although, I know I didn't need the 10k rating,,,,,things change, and in the event I later decided to change vehicles, I would not have to get another tow bar...

At the time the Aventa LX had a good sale price,,,,,,so it made sense to me at the time,,,,and still does......no matter what vehicle I end up with down the line, the Aventa will handle,,,,just my thoughts.

Have not had any experience with the models you looking at....Good luck on your choice.

X2 on Xplorer's decision.