Sign in to follow this  
smokymtnman

Tech Connect+ Sprint Mifi Inoperable

I joined the Tech Connect+ and signed up for the Sprint plan on Dec. 25, 2017. 

I received the Franklin R 910 device on the evening of December 28, 2017. The device would not connect to the internet.  The device showed a message that said “INVALID SIM”.  I took the device to the Sprint store on the morning of December 29.  The Sprint store employee called Sprint Customer Service and gave the phone to me.

I was on the phone for at least 45 minutes mostly on hold.  I was told by the Sprint phone rep. that I needed another SIM card but Sprint could not provide it.  She said the Franklin R 910 was a discontinued device by Sprint.  She told me that I could only be helped by the Sprint Account Rep for FMCA.  The phone conversation ended. 

I received a call from the account rep about 3 hours later.  I explained the problem to him.  He told me that another SIM card would be sent to me.   I am still waiting for a SIM card.  Today is 11 days from that call, 12 days from when I received the device, and 16 days from when I ordered and paid for the service which I am yet to receive.

I still have a device that is inoperable because of the invalid SIM card as it was shipped to me. 

I am losing my patience and temper and getting extremely upset with Sprint and FMCA.

I will not pay for another month of NO SERVICE and will be forced to cancel this Sprint “no-service” prior to another billing cycle.

In my opinion, I paid for an ugly paper weight to sit on my table for the last 3 weeks.  That is just a RIP OFF!!     

Charles Brock

F467650

Charles,

I am reaching out to you to get this issue resolved. I was unaware that you were having problems. We can get this resolved for you redo your billing date and have you squared away today.

Thanks,

Jason Gabbard

FMCA IT Director

This is the follow up to my situation with the Sprint hot spot.

Thank you Jason Gabbard and FMCA.  I received a new device and is working perfectly.  I am using it now to write this post.

Jason Gabbard contacted me the day following my initial post.  He apologied for the problem.  He explained about a factory shipment mixup that occurred resulting in an incrroect SIM card in the first device shipped to me.  He had a new device sent overnight.  He changed my billing so I am not paying for the time when I had no service.

Jason's action is the example of superior customer service and correcting a problem that was out of his control.  

Thank you Jason and FMCA.  You have made me a believer in FMCA and I will take advantage of more of your various serrvices!!

Charles Brock

F467650

Charles,

It was my pleasure helping you to resolve this issue. I enjoy what I do here at FMCA and feel we are all a family and must work together to make this giant family run smoothly. If you are ever in need of any assistance I am here to help or point you in the direction of someone that can. Again thank you for being a part of FMCA.

Jason Gabbard

FMCA IT Director