tebeall

RV Insurance Coverage For Mexico

I've seen some references in this forum to Mexico insurance, but what I'd like to know is where to get it.

Can we get it for just a couple of months or does it require a six month policy like I've seen?

We had one quote for six months for $2700 and I find I really don't want to go to Mexico that bad. I've not confirmed, but have heard that some policy's will give a rebate for the unused portion of a six month policy if it's not all used.

Thoughts? Ideas? Input?

Thanks,

Tom and Sharon 

Tom.  First off what kind of coach have you got, second where in Mexico are you going and third is are you ex military with USAA insurance?  If you have USAA your covered on your policy for up to 100 miles.  If you intend to go further than 100 miles, then the first thing you'll need is a Visa from the Mexican Embassy her in the States!  I was in Rocky Point (Porto Penesco) it's 80 kilometers from US Boarder in AZ.  I got Mexican Liability insurance $127 for 10 days! That was in March of 2014 and my coach was worth $392K at the time!  I had no problems. I would not get Mexican full insurance, on the fine print, it only covers 20% after a $26,000 deductible.