juliesjoy@yahoo.com

Towing a car hauler trailer

Hi. We are just starting out on the rest of our lives full-time and we purchased a 24-foot car hauler to tow behind our 2000 40-foot Beaver motorhome. We are going to use the space for extra things and tools. Now, my concern is the 24-foot hauler as we move around the country. Has anyone had experience with this? Any information we can get would be very helpful so that we might miss some hazzards. I am also a cold weather buff and love to ski, so we will be traveling in snow areas. Help.

Julie and Clayton

Hi. We are just starting out on the rest of our lives full-time and we purchased a 24-foot car hauler to tow behind our 2000 40-foot Beaver motorhome. We are going to use the space for extra things and tools. Now, my concern is the 24-foot hauler as we move around the country. Has anyone had experience with this? Any information we can get would be very helpful so that we might miss some hazzards. I am also a cold weather buff and love to ski, so we will be traveling in snow areas. Help.

Two issues -- length and weight.

What is the total length when trailer is hooked to the coach?

You need to verify that the tongue weight (remember, it is applied WAY behind the rear axle) does not overload the rear axle.

Also, that the trailer does not exceed that towing capacity of your coach AND does not cause you to exceed the GCWR of your coach.

Brett Wolfe

Guest 2driftrs

Be very careful about your overall length. Most states are 65 foot or less unless you have a CDL (commercial drivers license).

Two issues -- length and weight.

What is the total length when trailer is hooked to the coach?

You need to verify that the tongue weight (remember, it is applied WAY behind the rear axle) does not overload the rear axle.

Also, that the trailer does not exceed that towing capacity of your coach AND does not cause you to exceed the GCWR of your coach.

Brett Wolfe

Thank you for answering- the GCWR is 36000 lb and the tongue wieght is 7000 and the axel weight is 3500 each this is a dual axel trailer