Sign in to follow this  
hermanmullins

The Road(s) to Perry, GA. How Do You Go?

Question

We Have been to Perry for the last two National Conventions. Have been asked what route we take. So Here goes.

My wife and I live in the small North Texas town of Whitewright. It is right on US 69. Where we start from to go the Perry approx 890 miles.

We begin on US 69 South to I-20 and I-20 East to Shreveport, Louisiana approx 204 miles. There we stay at the Louisiana State Fair Grounds. Know the Director, no charge.

From Shreveport East to Meridian, Mississippi  approx 310 miles. We stay there in a small RV Park, Bonita Lakes  RV Park.

(Worst part of the trip is I-20 from Shreveport to past Jackson MS. where the road is really rough)

Meridian we go East and pick up US 80 East to Montgomery Alabama, then I-85 to Opelika Alabama to US 80 to Columbus GA and the Uchee Creek Military Fam Camp at Fort Benning.  One of the most beautiful camps you will find. Approx 250 miles 

From Benning and Columbus, GA we take US 80 to  East to Geneva, Georgia  and pick up GA 96 to  GA 314 to Perry approx 90 miles.

In Perry we always stay at Fair Harbor RV Park the day before we are due to arrive.   

All the miles are approx. by Google Maps.

Herman

1 answer to this question

Since I live in Galveston Island, TX., I went up I-45N to I-59N, then stay on it to I-20E by Longview, TX and follow Herman!  I have also taken I-45N to I-10E to Baton Rouge, LA., then I-12E till it re joins I-10E to Mobile, AL. I-65N to 280/80.

Another option is to take I-10E to I-75N outside of Lake City, FL.