Xplorer

Battleship Texas, San Jacinto Historic Sites

Question

4 answers to this question

Guest Wayne77590

This is sad. I have lived 25 or so miles from San Jac Monument since 1984 and have not been there.

I need to put it on my list of TTD.

Thanks.

Probably more common than not.

San Jacinto is another one of those locations I have to walk. I never tire of the alamo, history comes alive for me, almost a religious experience.

I like most finding things of interest that isn't in the books or well known.

Over the last couple years most of our travel has involved around family events, and with 4 boys military, and gov,,,it keeps us busy,,,,but decided to break away and put together things where we can accomplish family obs, and see and do things of interest,,,,,,hopefully, volunteering will do the trick, as I'm a stickler to keeping commitments, and meeting obligations,,,,just don't want a fulltime loss of freeedom job again....

If you get to San Jacinto in April/May, say howdy.

We have not volunteered there but love going there. We took our son there when he was five and he has now taken his two boys there. Maybe that influenced his life - he is retiring in May after 21 years in the United States Navy.

We have recently placed our home on the market and look forward to fulfilling volunteer interests we have had for many years. This is one location we had not thought about but it would be interesting.

Here's where I came across San Jacinto, Cape Hatteas, Fort Sumter and others.....Not too interested in the Camp Host positions,,,,was looking for something interesting and fun,,,,,,,,,didn't want to ruin my camping experience,,,,although, it really isn't camping in the true sense anymore,,,,,,,sure is more comfortable, than the Marine days, with the kids, tents, no ac, heat, running water, bugs, wow,,,,,,,,,don't miss that a lot, but the memories......anyway, lost my head there for a minute,,,,,,These sites seem like a lot of fun.....at least for me.

Vol.Gov