Sign in to follow this  
ruline

Flat Towing a Toyota Sienna

Would someone tell me how to flat tow a Sienna? I have a lube pump installed but need to know if the transmisson should be in "nuetral" and if the key should be in the "accessory" position or on. The steering wheel has to be unlocked, correct? I cannot get any information from Toyota. Help!

Wa;rus

Would someone tell me how to flat tow a Sienna? I have a lube pump installed but need to know if the transmisson should be in "nuetral" and if the key should be in the "accessory" position or on. The steering wheel has to be unlocked, correct? I cannot get any information from Toyota. Help!

Wa;rus

We tow an Toyota Avalon - I think the same engine and transmisson. I tow with the transmisson in nuetral and the key on accessory. Of course, make sure the parking brake is released and all other electrial items are off (radio, heater, air ...).

We use a Remco lube pump and it works great, now. When it was first installed, the RV dealer (now out of business) installed the fluid lines to the wrong ports ("in" was out and "out" was in), and :rolleyes: installed the solenoid to the battery cables with a twist tie!

Steve

Damon Astoria; Avalon toad