Sign in to follow this  
Middlesister

Leaky valve on lp tank

I have been unable to locate a service to repair my tank. They either aren't certified or only service home or commercial operations, not RVs. Have called over half a dozen. I live in Southern California. You would think they would be plentiful.

GailH

GailH.  Welcome to the Forum!

Are you anywhere near the back side of the Costal Range or San Gabriel Mountains?  Your more apt to find a certified service in the high desert, a lot more Propane home tanks there, than in LA, San Fernando Valley or San Bernardino!  Is the tank portable, like on a trailer or mounted in a coach? :)

Is your tank permanent or removable?

I just went through this with both of my 33 gallon horizontal tanks. The local LP place would not work on them while in the coach. They don't want to have the vehicle sitting there during the repair, and they don't have anyone to pull the tanks. Fortunately the tanks were not difficult to pull out and take over in our truck. Took about a week to get them done, since they had to order parts to get them repaired and re-tagged.

If you can pull yours easily you might have better luck getting them services by taking in just the tank.